Adsense Banner

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Milestone

In celebration of yet another milestone in my career as a copywriter, I have decided to share the culture that I, as a writer and an entrepreneur, lives by. It is my aim to guide and inspire copywriters, particularly those who have yet to define themselves in this industry.

The question now then lies in my capacity to give such a statement. I will not pretend to be an expert in this industry. I will tell you however that my copies sell. In this career, I consider the monetary value you receive for your work to be the best measure of your status.

I believe that what sets me apart from my contemporaries, are the values and norms that I live by.

I believe in the product/company I work with.

I write for companies that live the same culture that I live by. Their products or services deliver what they promise and promote good values. Thus, these products or services do not go against the values and norms that I believe in.

I deliver before the deadline.

Delivering before the specified deadline gives the best impression. With this being said, I do not accept contracts which do not give me sufficient time to create quality copies. I take great care in managing my resources. There is simply no excuse for a late delivery or an on-time delivery yet, the copies do not meet up to client’s standards and worse, contains hack-eyed ideas.

However, in this career, rush contracts cannot be avoided. As much as possible I accept contracts that give me sufficient time to write, save for those that I accept from Mark. I do this for the reason that I believe in the culture his company lives by. I pride myself in taking part to achieve a mission of a reputable writing services company.

I maintain good client relations.

Maintaining good relations with clients is one of my top requirements. I go for clients who, I can maintain good relations with. I’d trade good client relations anytime, for a bulky gain from a client who thinks I own a sweat shop.

I believe that this culture I choose to live by together with my mission to create quality copies, has defined me as a copywriter.

I am looking forward to a more successful career as I continue to achieve my mission and live by the norms and values I believe in.

No comments: